The 2020 Orange RX9 hits that perfect sweet spot for an all-road-off-road machine. It’s well-mannered on tarmac but really comes into its own when you turn down those unexplored trails you always wanted to check out. Confident off-road geometry means the RX9 is reassuringly capable for a dropbar bike.
The responsive and comfortable double-butted alloy frame features a low 30.9 seat tube for plenty or standover. Meanwhile, a 142 x 12mm bolt-through rear and 15mm bolt-through Carbon fork fives a sturdy feel and sharp handling. The frame has internal dropper post compatibility too, so you can spec an RX9 to be as wild as you like. You’ve plenty of tyre choice too, with carefully shaped stays to allow up to 42mm 700c or a large volume 650b set-up.
Flat mount standard disc mount keeps things tidy and accessible for running panniers and mudguards – great for going the distance whatever the weather. The RX7 is a versatile bike – load it up and take it bikepacking, touring or commuting or keep it minimalist and light for fast paced day riding in the forest. This new-for-2020 bike uses Shimano’s latest GRX gravel/adventure equipment with a very low climbing gear ratio – ideal when riding a bike loaded with luggage.
Read more about the 2020 RX9 S on the Orange Bikes website HERE
- New aluminium frame designed in Britain
- 5 year frame warranty with ‘Limited Lifetime Crash Replacement’
- New carbon fork design with 15mm bolt through axle and carbon steerer
- Updated frame with tapered headtube
- Clearance for clearance for 700x42mm or 650x47mm tyres
- Mudguard compatible
- Shimano GRX RX400 (2×10) transmission
- Shimano GRX 600 (30/46T) chainset
- Shimano 11-34 10 speed cassette